new little /big guy

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
everlastace that is the reply i have been waiting for thank you. it is funny that you say thay stay on the bottem mine if all over the place it might just be because it is a new tank to him but he is 100 times more active in my tank then the one at the lfs

boang3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2012
Philippines
thanks. any idea what i can put with this guy or am i stuck with just haveing him in there. i have a 6 inch brown needle fish would the ornate eat him i have herd mixed things on this fish so im not to shour about there temperment
i think any fish can be with the ornate as long as the fish wont be fit by the mouth of the ornate or else it would be the ornate's happy meal :)

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
He is realy happy in his new home haven't tried feeding yet thought id give a few days to settle his tank mate is a 6 inch brown needle and a 7 inch sailfin pleco

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1332611007895.jpg

everlastace

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2011
Utah
Looks great! My bichirs swim around the tank now and then, as best i can tell it's when their hungry. Most of the time, 95% of the time they just lounge at the bottom, quite often hidden. Keep us posted on how it goes!

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
well he still wont eat for some reason have tried massivor bloodworms and krill im going to pick up some earthworms and hope he will take one. any advice?

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Try tilapia fillet. Bichirs love the smell and rarely refuse it the first time its offered.

Warrensmentor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2012
Virginia
Geeoollll I want that fish. Why can't any of my lfs carry them?!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

probassfisher010

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2011
California
Never seen a poly refuse something that moves or strong smelling... Earthworms and talapia seem to be their favorite food items.

Also about general care for the ornate, they seem to hide the most out of the polys, can be aggressive to other fish and polys, and are pretty good hunters. Anything larger then it's mouth should be fine, but if they have flowing fins, chunks may be taken out.

If it were my fish I would get it on NLS as a staple diet

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

liontammer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
fish cave
i have a ton of talapia ill give that a try today thanks again

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store