New Marbled Cray tank :)

dpk2313

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2009
ohio
Awesome looking setup, did you silicon the rock or set them up like that ?

Dark Jester

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2010
Had just set the rocks in like that. Made sure everything was connecting on at least 3 points so that it was stable.

I ended up taking the rocks out though, too much floor space covered and the sponge filter didn't provide enough water movement to flush detritus and food out of the rocks. Was a pain keeping it clean.

I think I'll be upgrading them to a 40 Breeder in the next 4-6 weeks though, which will give enough water volume to have a decent canister filter on the tank (more water flow). Will set up the rock caves again in that, though I'll likely user larger pieces this time. I got a rock-cutting blade for my sawz-all so I can make a bunch of 6"x12"x.5" shelves and stack them. Will dremel them out a bit too so they aren't 'machined' looking. I can always use the canister output to flush out the rocks every few days too and keep stuff from building up in them. Think that will work out pretty well.

For now it's just black sand and some black PVC caves. I did upgrade the filter to a Fluval U2, and added a 27" bubble wand burried under the sand. Bubbles coming up out of the sand looks really cool. More water movement with those, but I still don't think it would be enough to keep the rocks cleaned.

Fishnewbie

Feeder Fish
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersy
Fishnewbie;4659690; said:
howcome i can't see the tank???
i heard there are alot of fake marbled crayfish is that true?? im planning to get some too...
is marbledcrayfish.com a safe site to buy the crays??

xrayjeeper83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2010
Jax, FL
marbledcrayfish.com is a total rip off. And from what ive learned they guy isnt as good as he says he is.

Id just wait and keep an eye out on here for some

ScatMan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
PA
ReelBigFish;4661630; said:
I was initially wondering what happened to the pictures, but then I read his profile and saw he's not posting here anymore.
that really blows, i was looking forward to the results of the experiment. :(

i hope the mods smooth it over with him.

i wonder what thread he was talking about...?
i had some crappy experiences with mods here too, turned me off to the site for a while. :irked:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store