New NTT

shua71

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Los Angeles
^Agree, it took my avatar and pic below NTT 4 years to grow from 2" to 12". Before thet I had a NTT grow from 4" to 9" in two years, then die on me all of a sudden (SDS).
All the STs, ITs, and NGT I've grown out took 12 to 18 months max to reach 12"+.View attachment 959582View attachment 959583
Wow thats a gorgeous fish man sorry to hear it died... I'm a little nervous now about picking my guy up paid for him yesterday gonna leave him at the LFS for a week just to monitor

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
I've kept 2 in the past. Both grew quick by Dat standards in my 100G. Only sold them as my planned upgrade fell through. Sold one at 9" and the other at 12". Had them from 2" and they took pellets from day one. Had them for just over 2years too.
Never had problems with them, they ate anything but the bigger did bully the smaller a bit mind. Nowhere near as skittish as the IT and NGT which I had (and I've lost for unknown reasons).
Heard of Sudden Death Syndrome in NTT but guess I perhaps didn't have them long enough to experience this. The best specimens I've ever seen on here belonged to Chaitika and Marvinbaker-search for their old posts and you'll see just how nice a large NTT can look ;)

shua71

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Los Angeles
So i've had the guy for a little over a week now. Dosed the tank with prazipro just incase he had issues. He has been hiding and within the week i've only seen him eat once which was a piece of market shrimp.

Today while feeding my other fishes pellets, I noticed him out and took a look at him. Realized he was stealing pellets off the clown loaches! I guess I got very lucky :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store