New pair of South American

Wiggles92

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2009
Pennsylvania
Hao;4908764; said:
Nice! :) I wanted to grow out my SALs so I chose to buy smaller ones. Someone locally had 24" for sale but I didn't want too. :)
I wanted to watch mine grow, too, but this one was pretty much the smallest one that John (Snookn21) had available. I got my first lungfish (SpAL that turned out to be a WAL) from him towards the end of this past summer, and I jumped on the opportunity to get another WAL and a SAL from him during the holiday season. I'm pretty sure that it has grown a bit, so I'm hoping that it will reach its next growth spurt soon.

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
Hao,

i would also highly advise against the SAL x2 combo (how long were they together at the LFS? was it same size tank and community? that sort of thing can make a difference) and definitely with the African lungfish combo. people are going to try what they are going to try no matter what, but it's a highly volatile combo and not advised. good luck with the fishes reGARdless--
--solomon

pythonloose

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2009
in a pineapple under the sea
E_americanus;4909025; said:
Hao,

i would also highly advise against the SAL x2 combo (how long were they together at the LFS? was it same size tank and community? that sort of thing can make a difference) and definitely with the African lungfish combo. people are going to try what they are going to try no matter what, but it's a highly volatile combo and not advised. good luck with the fishes reGARdless--
--solomon
they were together in a community tank their whole life i believe, but yea im a bit iffy on the african lung combo...good luck hao! ;)

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
E_americanus;4909025; said:
Hao,

--solomon
Yes the 2 SAL were together peacefully at the LFS. ;) Thanks Solomon. :)
pythonloose;4909366; said:
they were together in a community tank their whole life i believe, but yea im a bit iffy on the african lung combo...good luck hao! ;)
Thanks. :)
Rawrzer;4909396; said:
looking great!

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
garobsessed15;4910640; said:
wow they look great! i love those guys :D
Wiggles92;4910645; said:
I just thought about something: How did they lose their filaments? Were they in with other fish at the LFS?
Yes, they were in with other random cichlids. :)

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
barracuda123;4910701; said:
lung fish = 10/10 (rating lol)
trig = 11/10!
Thanks but it's TIGrinus not TRIGrinus. :grinno:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store