New Puffer Owner

nick h

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2006
chicago
yeah get him in brackish as soon as possible. he will deffinately be less susseptable(?) to diseases.

rsandelius

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2005
Detroit, MI
Bozo died. I think he got shocked by that high water temp and he never was the same. :( Next time I get one, I'll make sure it's in a 29 gallon tank with a proper light and heater.

annix

Feeder Fish
Mar 5, 2006
detroit Mi
Any fish store with tanks selling plants should have a steady supply of proper sized pest snails
that they will "give" to you.

ferco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2006
Scotland
hey there, sorry to hear about bozo, unfortunate, but back to the snails, i am currently trying to find some snails that can survive brackish too... though mine aren't meant for food, i just need them to clean; i found some good ones on ebay.co.uk, but if ur in US try ur ebay, usually has more choice :swear: lol, but also, i have 3 archers, i looked at getting a puffer to, and asked at my LFS, a guy who actually knows what he's talking about, and he told me that their archers get on fine with their puffers, who are in the same tank... but the archer hav to be bigger than the puffer, but it all depends on the fish; puffers are mean little buggers!! lol, i really want a puffer, they look sooo cute!!! rekon my 10gal could hold one for 6 months till i get my new 100gal tank, then he could hav the 30gal all to himself... :woot: still thinking about the puffer, but may not be a good idea just now, might wait till i get the archers into the 100gal.:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store