New red terror........

Blaz1n1t

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2011
FL
Thanks for answers everyone, and if worse comes to worse i will put it down. Imo the fish is already doing a little better, still on its side but can sit upright for alot longer then it was, and is still eating. Feeding hikari gold but need to get sinking pellets instead of floaters. Will update in few days, but if hurricane ivan hits me good who knows...

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
Cichlids can be amazingly tough. I once had a JD wake me up in the middle of the night thumping on the bottom of my dresser. It had jumped out of a twenty-nine gallon which I had to drain by hand to get too it. It was dry and seemingly lifeless with all kinds of lint and carpet fibers all over it. I dropped in it another tank, no fuss, no muss. Incredibly the next mourning it was swimming like nothing ever happened to it. Took a few days for the lint and junk to come off. Long story to the point, give it some time and see how it does. Let us know how it turns out.

Blaz1n1t

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2011
FL
Small update , even from last night to today he is doing better, swimming around, coming to the surface to eat, and not constantly laying on his side. I have a few questions about the epsom salt, i jus got home from store and picked up a box, ive never used salt treatments before, so i am unsure of how to use, do i mix salt only in new water going into tank or do i mix into aquarium water + new water being added, and how much per 5 or 10 gallons.
Thanks.
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1346006121.518273.jpg
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1346006129.413762.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
I would not use Epson salt. Get yourself some instant ocean and add a little to your tank, maybe a table spoon per ten gallons. The salt is to retard the grow of bacteria.

charlie1187

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
al
Yea man salt ,heat ,and water changes if he's eating he will live IMO it looks like hes almost over the hill your doing a great job and will end up with an awesome fish in the end ! I always give every chance before a flush and i think your doing the rite thing im so glad you helped the fish shoot saved his life !:headbang2

projectile

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2007
ind
Good thing you doing there, all the best.
If possible feed some live blood worms or earth worms, live food does wonders to recovering fish.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store