New Setiger $$ in the house

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
The group is settling in nicely. One of the eight is a little "off". My wife mentioned how she noticed the one would hang out by itself while the other seven schooled. I watched and noticed the same thing. Will see if its new tank jitters or something else going on.

I fed the group to see if they were comfortable and sure enough they chowed down on some frozen spirulina mysis and later I tried pellets and they ate those too. They were very hungry!

here they are in the tank, still a bit shy...
IMG_20230725_124638096_HDR (1).jpg

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Super happy with the way these guys eat. No issues with any food so far. In fact I had some Hikari frozen Jumbo Mysis that all my other fish hate and these guys ate it with no issues. This will be nice to not waste food. Pellet foods too are immediately accepted and they are greedy enough to even eat larger sized pellets that they have to work at for a bit. Not seeing a lot of change to they way they look since they settled in. Some light, faint black markings but not distinct tiger strips that they sometimes show as juveniles.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
In the 300 yet? Look forward to update photos!
Not yet... Not big enough yet, would still be endli chow, lol. I know from experience in the past with other fish. Bichirs can eat some surprisingly big fish!
The dollars have put on quite a bit of size. Based off the anal fin shape, looks like I have two males in the mix, so a 2M to 6F ratio.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I like the look of these guys,I was actually looking at some photos earlier.I'm almost tempted to get a small group....almost.

Reactions: tlindsey and DMD123

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Ive kept regular red hooks in the past but wanted something just not quite as common this time around. I really love the color the adult males can develop and the trailers on the fin. Hopefully mine turn out well

Reactions: FJB and tlindsey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Ive kept regular red hooks in the past but wanted something just not quite as common this time around. I really love the color the adult males can develop and the trailers on the fin. Hopefully mine turn out well
Yes I've had a group of red hooks in the past as well,they are my favorite of the silvers.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store