New stand awaiting its new home

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
How did you bend the tube uniform like that? Tube bender? Or the good old marking your radius out and bend it to the rad.
After trying a few times to get it perfect the old fashioned way of using trees, tires, jacks and notching. I took my template to the steel yard and they put it in a monster roller and made the curve almost perfect to my plywood template. Well worth the few bucks I should have done it in the first place it would have saved me lots of aggravation and 10 ft of steel I ruined

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
Ya it's a pain. I work with a machinist who was a blacksmith for 15 years so I have learned alot of little tricks.
I was thinking that you would have to build alot of stands to buy a roller big enough to do that lol

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
Ya it's a pain. I work with a machinist who was a blacksmith for 15 years so I have learned alot of little tricks.
I was thinking that you would have to build alot of stands to buy a roller big enough to do that lol
Yea. Definately. The yard only charged me 10 minutes or shop time. Less than $20 to roll one piece.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
looks plenty strong to me... i usually dont even throw in the 45's u do lol... never had a problem with 1.5" racking.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store