new stingray owner & possible tank mates

Steveo McNello

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2010
SW Burbs of Chicago
royal pleco, flagtail, and red head geos make great tank mates : )

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1359052212850.jpg

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Fish that have never seen a ray need to explore the new beast lying on the bottom, my fish at first pecked at the eyes once or twice but the rays are not stupid and caused no issue, the fish learned that was not food and life went on. Some fish are more active about check out rays then others, the geos I have never did it but all my frontosas did it. May seems a little scary but give them a chance, would have to be a good size fish to cause a ray damage to the eye.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Its worth giving them a chance and keeping them all together

uploadfromtaptalk1359060768544.jpguploadfromtaptalk1359060799580.jpguploadfromtaptalk1359060833292.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Steveo McNello

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2010
SW Burbs of Chicago
Haha those pics with the cichlids are awesome!

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

2songbirds

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2009
PA
k, I'll try the Geo cichlid again this weekend when I"m off and we're getting the next snow storm...when I can keep guard and watch. I don't know about the blood parrots and the polypterus though-blood parrots were just pecking away...poly was doing his death roll move towards the eyes. Only one other time I saw him doing that and was to an old arowana we had, who committed suicide a couple years ago. I can go through and list my stock here of ALL the tanks, but I doubt they will be compatible with the ray or compatible with the tank/bioload. I've an old oscar who never bothered anyone, never ate live food even when offered to her, and was introduced to the ray in the 125g. She just stared downward at the ray...like what the bleep is that thing with eyeballs looking at me??? But, the oscar never went over to the ray. However, the tank cannot handle the waste those 2 would put out. I told hubby I'm preparing myself to just maintain 6 tanks, currently set up 265, 125, 75, 54 corner bow front, 20, 5. That's all, at least until we build and combine. I will try the geo again. I do have a tiny pleco of some sort and a tiny whiptail, but the ray would surely eat them both. Same goes for my clown loaches. They're too small.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store