New sw tank

luisrcrx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2007
New Haven CT
i was thinking some and a anemone for my clown. but im not sure witch im going to add another power head (the same kind maybe stronger)

luisrcrx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2007
New Haven CT
Ok another update and pics

Got some corals but i dont know there names 1 i think is a sps another is a leather

What do you guys think?

Also im interested in a green mandarin (yes i know they are supposedly hard to keep mainly due to feeding). Can they eat brine and/or miysis shrimp or just copiapods (reef bugs). My lfs has live copiapods (spelling?) so i can seed my tank before hand. Any one have one give my some advice?

I have a clown,six line wrasse,two yellow tail damsels ,and a royal gramma baslet. I think only the wasse might be a problem due to i think he also eats reef bugs.

pics 011.jpg

pics 009.jpg

pics 007.jpg

pics 008.jpg

luisrcrx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2007
New Haven CT
Anybody?

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
a bunch of button polyps and some toadstool is what i see

Mantis411

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2007
Canada
i think it would be very hard to keep a manderin goby alive in there simply because the amount that of pods they eat unless you have a good sized refugium you'll run out of pods pretty quick.

Otto_VonBacon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Montgomery TEXAS
I want a mandarin too, they are beautiful.

What I would do for a mandarin is get a a box of those bottled pods, make sure your tank is crawling in them before you even consider buying one.

Set up a 10 gallon with some LR and make sure that to is crawling in pods.

Buy the fish, put it in 10 gal, try to entice it to eat shrimps if your lucky it should eat them. then put him in the tank.

Just watch it every day to see how it's doing and watch for pushed in stomachs.

But then again your tank is only 30 gallons, i don't know if that's big enough for one.

have a box of this stuff on hand:http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+2190+2593&pcatid=2593

Good luck with it!

luisrcrx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2007
New Haven CT
that's what my lfs has i was thinking about buying some

luisrcrx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2007
New Haven CT
Sorry everyone for the LLLLOOOONNNGGGGG delay, I've been here looking around but haven't posted anything lol

my lighting is a coralife compact florescent with lunar lights its the one i posted the link to in my first or second post.

my tank is still running i built a sump out of an old 10gal i had laying around with an overflow, filter sock, UV and i started to build an algae filter.

my livestock has seen some ups and downs my original clown died from some internal Parasites, had two six line wrasses at different times both died by jumping out of the tank, twice came home to find a dead wrasse on my living room floor i guess they wanted to watch tv :( my tank now has one clown,algae blenny,scooter dragonet and a falco's hawk fish.

my inverts are a banded coral shrimp some hermits and a couple of turbo snails, my zooanthids are doing good aswell here are a few pics of the tank
tomorrow

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store