New sw tank

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
I believe it is from the sand. If you have a HOB filter laying around, put filter floss in there & change it out whenever it gets clogged.

luisrcrx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2007
New Haven CT
tank has cleared up a little I'm getting salt this Thursday so I'll be making a lot of progress soon:headbang2

sw tank 006.jpg

luisrcrx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2007
New Haven CT
just basic dry argonite i was thinking of adding some live sand later after salt and heater

slowef

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2008
Destin, FL
www.myspace.com
If you add some live sand it will drop a couple weeks off your cycle time ;) When you add that salt be sure to check out that skimmer hop up thread i posted on page two. Good luck!

luisrcrx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2007
New Haven CT
OK i added salt yesterday and i think i got this skimmer going right but the sand still clouds up like crazy for any disturbance. since i didn't really start cycling yet i broke down the tank and took all the sand in a 5gal bucket and rinsed the crap out of it. hopefully this solves my problem,if not does anybody have any personal experience with this sand its argonite reef sand sugar size, not the live kind. It keeps creating fine dust clouds and takes forever to settle

Louie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
South Florida
sweeTang21;2040166; said:
aqua C remora and bakpaks work pretty well.

I don't have my salt tank anymore but when I had it (had it 6 yrs) I had the CPR backpack and loved it .

First skimmer was a skilter 400 lol . It was a 50 gallon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store