New tank tomorrow - thoughts

HrHagel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
Denmark
So i'm picking up a 7x2x2 tomorrow, and was wondering if i could keep my viejas together in there without too much conspecific aggression?

All 3 are unverified species, but they are bought as Vieja Maculicauda, and 2x Vieja bifasciatus.

Have never kept this species before, and the ones i currently have are only just 2", so i don't know what to expect really, from these fish.

Other fish will go into the tank aswell, so it's not going to be only these 3, but i have experience in keeping the other fish i have, and know what i can expect from them.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I don't know the answer to you're question, but you always got somthing going on over there. Post some pics of that new tank once you get it set up and going. BTW love Vieja beautiful fish.

HrHagel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
Denmark
Aquanero;4106913; said:
I don't know the answer to you're question, but you always got somthing going on over there. Post some pics of that new tank once you get it set up and going. BTW love Vieja beautiful fish.
Hehe yes, i always buy new fish and tanks, and switch things around etc. I'm completely addicted to this wonderful hobby, and spend a large portion of my salery on it each month, haha.

I won't have it up and running before next month when i move in with the girl in a new apartment, but i'll be sure to post pics of the tank tomorrow when i pick it up and start cleaning it and removing the blue background paint, to replace with some black paint instead etc.

BadOscar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2009
Maine
2 bifa and a black belt should not be a problem at that size in a 7' tank. I have 8 bifa and a black belt in my 8' tank all are 5-6" long.

HrHagel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
Denmark
BadOscar;4107561; said:
2 bifa and a black belt should not be a problem at that size in a 7' tank. I have 8 bifa and a black belt in my 8' tank all are 5-6" long.
Sounds good, thanks man :)

Picked up the tank today, and ill have pictures of it up when i get back home.

HrHagel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
Denmark
Gonna repaint the back black and shine it up completely :) can't wait to set this baby up

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store