New tankmate for my jardini :) A Gar !

Narendra

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Bought a new tank mate for my jardini today, its a gar(not sure of the type) . I m posting a pic of him also. Please suggest me methods to make my gar and jardini eat arowana food sticks. I dont knw why my jardini hates food sticks(shop guy said its a very good food(OCEAN FREE arowana sticks). I heard the shop guy sayin tat he was feedin guppies till nowView attachment 785535

Dubeckyj

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2011
Canada
Looks like a FLG, but I can't see the pattern too well.

Just a heads up, you're about to get hit with a ton of flak for keeping a gar with an arowana. Generally not a good idea.

pharmaecopia

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Looks like a FLG, but I can't see the pattern too well.

Just a heads up, you're about to get hit with a ton of flak for keeping a gar with an arowana. Generally not a good idea.
This

You have a florida gar and a jardini is a terrible idea for a tankmate.

As far as training the gar onto non live foods wait till it is closer to 8-10" before trying to convert it.

arowanaryan

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2011
North Attleboro
The Jardini will very soon harass your gar to death. Keeping the gar on live is healthier for it at this stage, just make sure to quarantine and gut load the feeders just as Pharmocepia said. When it gets to 7,8,9 inches try throwing in pellets when you throw in feeders fora while and it'll start to take them...especially if you, like me hand feed your gar(s). Overall Your going to have to choose between the jardini and the gar, for example reading member Maddings post in the section of the gar tank mates sticky that covers this particular fish combination says worlds about how rare it is that this would work out, I personally would keep the gar.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store