New to datnoids, need help!

303mfk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2011
Colorado
Okay guys thanks a bunch. Ill be looking around here more so untill i find a good deal on a 55. Any tips or tricks are welcome. Thanks again

303mfk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2011
Colorado
i think i just scored a 65 gallon for 50 with two filters and the hood. Gonna check it out this monday to see if it holds water. Wish me luck!

303mfk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2011
Colorado
well do to a vacation that came up this week i couldnt purchase the tank but am still on the hunt for a deal

nomad

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2008
Colorado
welcome to MFK. Keep in mind that Silver Dats are brackish fish. You might see some people keeping them in fresh water but I wouldn't recommend it.

303mfk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2011
Colorado
Okay thanks nomad, i saw somewhere they were brackish. Any recomendations on what to use to add some salinity or make it more brackish? lol thanks im new to this whole thing. excuse my newb-ness

nomad

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2008
Colorado
Okay thanks nomad, i saw somewhere they were brackish. Any recomendations on what to use to add some salinity or make it more brackish? lol thanks im new to this whole thing. excuse my newb-ness
If you go to the brackish forum you'll find all the info you need from people that actually keep brackish setups. IMO if you are really into dats you should go with a FW setup and get some baby indos instead (better looking than ATs anyway). That way when you upgrade you can add some other species if you like (NTTs, a NGT, etc)

303mfk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2011
Colorado
If you go to the brackish forum you'll find all the info you need from people that actually keep brackish setups. IMO if you are really into dats you should go with a FW setup and get some baby indos instead (better looking than ATs anyway). That way when you upgrade you can add some other species if you like (NTTs, a NGT, etc)
yeah i was liking the indo's. Could i do some kind of community with the dats, CL's and something else. If i have to upgrade to a 6ft tank i want to make it well worth it lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store