new to plants

slow302stang

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
ct
Alright so I have recently discovered I have high nitrates and nitrites and IV also heard plants will help with that. I'd like to get some plants but ...... non of them can go into my tank due to my redtail eating them. What I'm looking for is plants that can survive in a hob filter . I have plenty of room in them due to runnomg 5 dual hob filters. So my question is what plants are the best for a beginer ? IV heard of bamboo?

rgonzales

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2009
where i dont wanna be
I'll try to get some pics, i think i got it home depot its a house plant. No i have the roots hanging into the back of the tank with a powerhead flowing straight at them

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
Your RTC is eating plants? They really shouldn't. That being said, my old one once ate a solid rock-like fertilizer tab I put in there. Spit out about 15 minutes later.

IMO if you get big amazon swords or anubias the red tail shouldn't eat them.

slow302stang

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
ct
He likes to bite the tips of sometimes. I don't really llike plants In the tank. I like them in the filters more
Jason what kinda plant is that?

TheSinisterSOB

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
A little place called C At Hell
My apologies for busting in on this thread, but where can I get those plastic planters, Jason?

And for the OP, if you want to avoid plants, you could get Seachem Purigen, its re-usable and takes all of the regular impurities out of your water.

JasonG75

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2010
Memphis, TN
My apologies for busting in on this thread, but where can I get those plastic planters, Jason?
Actually that depends, do you want the full blown setup or the DIY portion. Those plastic containers can be purchases at walmart in the bathroom section. If you want the full blown, a local vendor sells them..I call him Hydro, here is his blog http://hydrophytesblog.com/?cat=1 He can be found at TPT if he isnt here, but I think he has an account here as well HYDROPHYTE

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store