MFK Member
Jan 6, 2011
Any Monster Fish in your pool/pond?

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
The cichla got big quick! But where are all the action photo's? Hope to see the cichla back in the pond soon.

tuggerd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2008
Costa Rica
This may be my single most important post of this whole thread. I woke up this morning and went outside to check on the pool. The water level was the same. I have to be honest. I've had to pace myself because this water leakage has been kicking my butt. If I start caring too much I get emotionally drained. The water bill has been crazy. I can't plant anything in my filter because I don't know when I'm going to have to drain it again. I haven't put any fish in for the same reason. Last week my bottles of Fix A Leak arrived. I don't exactly know how or where but it worked. I took out all of my filter media in the pump room. I just left one filter pad in there because I didn't want any leaves going into the main pump. I started up the 1,200 gph pump that goes to the smaller outlet around the entrance of the pool. I closed off the bottom drain right next to the rock filter so the product would have to travel a little bit further in the pool. I slowly began pouring the product into the pool around the pool light where I thought that it might be leaking. Then I went around the pool with the rest. Then I brushed the bottom of the pool to agitate the bottom a little more. They say that the product is heavy and begins to settle at the deepest end of the pool. My goal was to just keep it agitated as long as possible. Then I started up the vacuum and vacuumed the whole pool. This kept the product circulating around the entire pool. I did this for most of the day. I didn't turn the skimmers on because it goes to the orchid waterfalls and I thought that is might kill them. I sealed the skimmer pretty well before anyway. The only variable that I really wasn't sure about was the quantity of rock in the filter. I didn't know if it would filter out the product or if it would keet circulating. Well something worked. I don't know for how long. But as long as I wake up in the mornings and the pool hasn't dropped an inch and a half I'm happy. I was also getting a little worried about the water level be as low as it was because as the outer rock heats up with the summer sun I'm afraid that it will expand and crack the concrete making for new problems. For now I pretty happy. If the water level hold will for sure be seeing more posts. I hope it lasts.

IMG_1248.JPG

tuggerd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2008
Costa Rica
I'll put some small stuff in a couple of weeks. I also have know idea what this did to the bacteria balance in my filters.

Muske

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
Mundelein IL
Is it a gel or liquid, powder?

What ever it is, if it works, thats amazing. Sounds crazy that there is a product that is just poured in. What does the material that settles look like. Hope it works so you can fire up them filters.

spirofucci

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Harlingen, Texas
Wow! What a project!!!! It has been said many times thoughout this thread but simply amazing!! It's one thing to plan and dream this all out but, you have also taken the time to share this passion of yours with the rest of the world. Thank You.

BTW, I have never been to Costa Rica but I am fascinated with that country and would really like to live there some day.

Keep up the hard and frustrating work and again, thanks for sharing.

Mark

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store