New vampire Tetra banged it's head

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
Maybe not. It may have been fed feeders. Had a red tail a mind took a while to get onto prepared foods.
Red tail was eating pellets at the shop and munches on The floating and sinking ones I put into the tank but it just nibbles at it.

I did see it eat a leftover piece of shrimp today so that's good.

Reactions: kno4te

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
So I attached The photo of when the fish was for sale. Looks like it already had something going on with its upper lip. But I do think the banging in the cooler made it worse.

It was housed with two Goliath tiger fish that were slightly smaller that's why the owner wanted to sell this fish ASAP.

Or I'm guessing the glide tigers maybe took a bite out of it.

I'll keep a close eye on it

1000029954.jpg

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
I saw a small bump on the vampire which looks concerning. Any idea what it might be? Bottom middle of the fish. Like a small blister.

It's really not swimming around much more so hangs on the bottom left side or bottom right side of the tank.

1000030256.jpg

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I saw a small bump on the vampire which looks concerning. Any idea what it might be? Bottom middle of the fish. Like a small blister.

It's really not swimming around much more so hangs on the bottom left side or bottom right side of the tank.

View attachment 1538807
Nothing there really stands out to me as being problematic. What are you seeing that you're concerned about?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store