New vatf

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Must be eating really well. Mine is skinny compared to yours... Use to be thicker when housed with different fish. Now mine bullies GATFs all day but rarely eats..

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
Must be eating really well. Mine is skinny compared to yours... Use to be thicker when housed with different fish. Now mine bullies GATFs all day but rarely eats..
Yeah he eats well but only once daily. Seems uninterested if I try to feed again. He has been behaving well lately which is good since I'll be putting the rays in soon

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk
Guess I'm a bit late to the party, just read through the whole thread, great read and wow man that is one bad ass looking specimen, perfect condition. Stunning. Let's have a video, Tigers look their best when moving :)

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
Thanks. He does have a different look to him. Does everyone think he is a vatf?

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Im beginning to suspect that there are several subspecies of vatf that originate from different rivers. I know mine is a VATF For sure but only looks close to being as thick as his after gorging on market prawn... I have seen small vatf around 4" that are super chunky as well hence why I called them sumo. Definitely vatf from jaw structure.. Wonder if they get much bigger in size than the others purely based on the girth..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store