New Wallago catfish

Miks786

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 23, 2017
Hey guys, about a week ago i got a new 8 inch wallago catfish and he wont eat at all..

Im sure the guy at my lfs had him on feeder fish but i dont wana go that route

I have tried shrimp,pellets earthworms but he wont even look at it

What could be wrong?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Still could be getting acclimated to the tank. Post ur water parameters. Would just wait it out and try some cut up fish and shrimp.

I have no doubt it should start eating everything soon. As long as it’s not a sick catfish.

Miks786

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 23, 2017
Still could be getting acclimated to the tank. Post ur water parameters. Would just wait it out and try some cut up fish and shrimp.

I have no doubt it should start eating everything soon. As long as it’s not a sick catfish.
Will try feeding again tomorrow and hope he eats,He looks good and seems to be healthy

amazonfishman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2005
On the Rio Araguaia, I wish...
Post your water parameters. Any tankmates? Most catfish can go a while without food and it may not need to eat if it was fed heavily right before you purchased. Try smaller pieces of market shrimp or frozen bloodworms, it is more likely to take those over pellets at that size.

Reactions: Miks786

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

Precisely.

Miks786

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 23, 2017
Post your water parameters. Any tankmates? Most catfish can go a while without food and it may not need to eat if it was fed heavily right before you purchased. Try smaller pieces of market shrimp or frozen bloodworms, it is more likely to take those over pellets at that size.
Will post water parameters later...Tank mates are RTC, Emperor snakehead, flowerhorn, peacock bass and silver arowana

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Will post water parameters later...Tank mates are RTC, Emperor snakehead, flowerhorn, peacock bass and silver arowana
Wallys sometimes take a go at other fish to see if they can eat them, if they fail they usually won't try that fish again.

Miks786

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 23, 2017
Wallys sometimes take a go at other fish to see if they can eat them, if they fail they usually won't try that fish again.
I wasnt too worried about him going at other fish cause he wont be able to catch or swallow them( Well i hope)

But i was worried that my RTC would go for him....Do you have any Wallys Deadliestviper7 Deadliestviper7

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store