• Supplies and Food

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Beitals Aquariums

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2012
Pearl River, NY
HI all. So excited to have found this site. Am considering signing up for vendor status, but wanted to get a pulse of how many people are within our "area". We are in Rockland County, NY...about 15 miles north of NYC.
Huge selection of fish, all supplies and custom GLASS aquariums as well as manufactured tanks and gently used "reconditioned" tanks.
Would love to hear from any and all to see if this is worth us getting more involved.
Thanks! Look forward to hearing from everybody.

:grinno:

Mike84pl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2011
GARDEN STATE
www.elite-des.com
i'm in nj and i'm very familiar with your store. very nice selection, the only minus i would say is you have a lot of mixed tanks where its imposible to determine exact species. but if someone is looking for nice adult fish great place to visit

Beitals Aquariums

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2012
Pearl River, NY
Do you ship ? That would be a huge plus on here.
We would like to, but am concerned with the "not so upstanding" who may try to take advantage with CC chargebacks saying anything was wrong with the fish. We can't be fighting "unwarranted chargebacks", not to mention the losses would then offset the reason for doing it. Please do not confuse this issue with our always standing behind what we sell. Until we figure out a way not to be at such a chargeback risk, we would probably only do it if prepaid right now. Hopefully a better solution can be found.

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Well - there are thousands of stores online that do ship - you will lose out if you worry about the occasional bad egg customer.
But, it all falls on you. If you do your job right, then there won't be a reason for a chargeback.
If you ship poorly, then yes, I would worry.

Dylz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2009
NYC/NJ
if you ship properly you wont have that problem. people have to take a pic of un opened bag with dead fish within 2 hrs of arrival.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Welcome to MFK there are plenty of us in the area

NightStorm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long Island, NY
Hearty welcome to MFK.

Would love to hear more about and see pix of your store. What kind of fish do you specialize in, etc.

Quality LFS are few and far between.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store