DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
A well cared for Oscar can easily get over 13" and would make that 100g look small real quick.... I recently got a Bumblebee from Rapps that I plan on raising out in a 72g bow as a solo wet pet but Im already looking for a bigger tank for it. For me if he does get a bit big I have the option to move him into a 210g. I think your best bet is just to leave him as the focus fish.

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
Moray eel won't work....require eventual saltwater

Sent from my SPH-L720 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Kennerdell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2014
Florida

SawickiB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
FL, United States
Morays need brackish to full marine, fire eels get 30" and need a 180 gallon tank minimum preferably bigger, peacock stay quite small and would most likely end up as spagetti, and yours eels will have trouble getting food. Why not just get a synodontis eupterus or angelicus? Or a decent pleco, like L114, or L600 or smaller species of vegetarian plecos. Should really only have one of each because oscars and plecos poop alot. Go for plecos that get around 7-10"

I would say with an oscar in a 100 gallon you should stick to only bottom dwellers of decent size that can still get food. Since you like eels why not about 3 upper jaw bichirs, senegalus, delhezi, buet, polli, palmas palmas, or retropinnis.

Kennerdell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2014
Florida
Morays need brackish to full marine, fire eels get 30" and need a 180 gallon tank minimum preferably bigger, peacock stay quite small and would most likely end up as spagetti, and yours eels will have trouble getting food. Why not just get a synodontis eupterus or angelicus? Or a decent pleco, like L114, or L600 or smaller species of vegetarian plecos. Should really only have one of each because oscars and plecos poop alot. Go for plecos that get around 7-10"

I would say with an oscar in a 100 gallon you should stick to only bottom dwellers of decent size that can still get food. Since you like eels why not about 3 upper jaw bichirs, senegalus, delhezi, buet, polli, palmas palmas, or retropinnis.
The reason I asked about the Moray is because at Pet supermarket they had them with gouramis and they looked pretty and active. I have a pleco that's been with the Oscar since they were both little. I'll look at the bichirs :) they'll do fine? And thanks for all the help everyone

SawickiB

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2014
FL, United States
yes they should be fine, just make sure you dont buy little bichirs that will just get eaten, try to buy adults even if you buy a baby oscar and a baby bichir together the oscar will grow faster and raise problems. Make SURE you do not get any lower jaw bichirs or weeksii, ornate, or tuegelsi as these get as big as your arm and need about 250+ gallon tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store