Next Piranha: Manny or Piraya?

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
I had put a wavemaker at the corner where the Rhom likes to hide (with the flow directed towards the tank).

The fish becomes alive suddenly, swimming to and fro; resting awhile at a quiet spot in between. :)

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
The Piraya and Cariba species became available first. LOL!

The Manny is still on "booked" status though not too sure whether it will ever come. :(

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Ah I see I see lol I was about to say man.. There's a dozen mannies that just arrived at my importers shop. I'm on the walk about picking one up. 4" for around 250 usd. I just don't have the space for it right now.. Best I could do is swap with the black rhom to a 30x25 cube which I think would piss the rhom off lol

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Ah I see I see lol I was about to say man.. There's a dozen mannies that just arrived at my importers shop. I'm on the walk about picking one up. 4" for around 250 usd. I just don't have the space for it right now.. Best I could do is swap with the black rhom to a 30x25 cube which I think would piss the rhom off lol
Mannies are hard to come by for most countries. Lucky you. :D

Do it!

Love the unique body shape and menacing large head and jaws.

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Still debating bro..... I need to focus on my business endeavors more until after summer so I can build out that monster tank setup. I've had the opportunity fall in my face for a foot long piraiba, adult super red Arowana and this manueli recently... Sucks to feel like I have to turn down these killer deals. Oh ps, piraya around 3-4" here are around 150 usd

Reactions: Red Aimara

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Darn. Not only you are getting the sought after pieces but at better prices too. LOL!

I wouldn't sleep on it actually. :D

A Serra growth rate will give you plenty of time before getting that fish space upgrade down the road.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
I recently sold my manueli. Received an I requested offer for $600 for 5in manueli. I sold it for other reasons but pretty much the last batch of manniea came in nearly 2 years ago I think.

caribemob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
philadelphia
Piraya are available right now
so if Piraya's are available, maybe we might see some mannies, they come from same spot Sao Francisco river. I thought that we wouldnt see both for years , but that's what happens they show up when you least expect it. I might have to buy a solo Piraya, the price tags on these fish will $400-500 a piece so no shoal for me

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store