NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
Seattle practically stayed pat while SF and Denver made upgrades on paper.
This is how I viewed the offseason as well. Biggest deal for Seattle would be having Harvin healthy. That's their biggest 'signing' this year sort to speak. I mean, sure they signed Kevin Williams whose a 6+ time all star and was voted to the all decade team in the 2000's ... but he's 34, which is getting old for a 300lb'er. On paper, Santa Clara and Denver had better offseasons. The draft, well I'd say they also had better drafts since Seattle had it's usual spastic draft, but look at what they've been turning out in their drafts. More of a wait and see there.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
^ throw in marshawn lynch acting a fool and its big time wait and see. Its all gonna be on what the offense can give this year as the defense should be solid

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
True you did. I forgot how strong the 49ers hate on this thread was. Seattle practically stayed pat while SF and Denver made upgrades on paper. I'm thrilled to see Denver be regularly tested this year by having to go through the NFC west in the reg season. Elway has added some rough riders to break the stigma and ole Mega head will be more hungry then ever. Can the season just start now?

Sparty start saving up for your stafford jersey. You're going to look great in blue and silver

Seattle definitely stayed pat just a healthy Harvin and aging veteran. But then again, why change the recipe? They destroyed everyone in the preseason last year and had a great regular season. Playoffs we all know. All without Harvin. No need to change anything.

Love that Denver has to play through the NFC West, great chance really to see where the teams are at. It's a long season, any quality team Cab get hot at the right time and take it all. Look at the Giants in years past.

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
No team ever repeats when standing pat. It never works. You're no longer the hunter, you're the hunted. Rosters are built to solve you. You must continue to improve

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
I would argue against the Seahawks standing pat, they lost a lot of key players ... especially along the defensive line. Red Bryant especially, was very much an under rated run stuffer. Losing Chris Clemons also hurts. Tate was their number one receiver last year. That's not even counting McDonald and Thurmond who were both key rotational players. On paper, did didn't do a lot to fill those gaps counting on untested younger players.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Correction. Untested young players AND the 12th man lmao!

You've got a valid point. I wish Jared Allen had come over....and id love them to get more WRs. Tate and rice gone. SF picked up Stevie Johnson????? Fml

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
:) true that but,

A group of "untested young players" won the superbowl last year, Carol is willing to try it again with them along side some freshly seasoned veterans.

I don't think Tate is a loss with a healthy Harvin. Plus Tate made dumb decisions in clutch moments lol.

Somehow I feel like the Patriots will have a good year, can never count them out with that coaching staff.

Who do you guys think the most improved team will be this year?

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
I'm not dismissing them by any means, I'm just saying on paper Denver and Santa Clara did much more and Seattle lost a bit. Though we all know paper doesn't matter when it comes to the actual games.

Spartacus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2011
ft.myers,florida
I'm not dismissing them by any means, I'm just saying on paper Denver and Santa Clara did much more and Seattle lost a bit. Though we all know paper doesn't matter when it comes to the actual games.

too bad manning will go down.the magic 8 ball told me so,his last season.Seattle lost some in the offseason but they are consistent.So are the rest of the teams in that division so they won't repeat,look for a new team to emerge there.

Spartacus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2011
ft.myers,florida
True you did. I forgot how strong the 49ers hate on this thread was. Seattle practically stayed pat while SF and Denver made upgrades on paper. I'm thrilled to see Denver be regularly tested this year by having to go through the NFC west in the reg season. Elway has added some rough riders to break the stigma and ole Mega head will be more hungry then ever. Can the season just start now?

Sparty start saving up for your stafford jersey. You're going to look great in blue and silver

not a chance,although he is my favorite player on that team. y'alls offense will be better.Too bad they don't play.I'd like the matchup-shootout potenetial for real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store