NGT not Eating

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
Okay so picked up a NGT from Wes about 3-4 weeks ago. Refuses to eat anything. So far I have seen him eat 1x rosy and 1x frozen shrimp. Today he just ignored all the shrimp I put in the tank. He's the only dat in the tank. Stomach is badly sunken in. Broke down and got him rosies tonight. Saw him eat 1 rosy. He's stable and active. Haven't seen him poop white stringy feces, but I put in prazipro to maybe deworm him to see if this is why he's appetite is low.

Reactions: McPhish and ATF

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
whats his setup like? If he's in a bare tank I'd give him a lot more hiding spots and to make him feel more comfortable. Maybe nitrates are getting high?? U can try ghost shrimp too but rosy reds should do the trick

Reactions: Layne Conitz

8usmickey

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 13, 2012
NY
All ngts wild caught are like that. Very difficult to pellet train. Let it settle down and like cren said, give it more hiding spots.

Once it gets comfortable, feed only frozen shrimp, work ur way there to pellets

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
Yeah he's in a driftwood setup. plenty of hiding spots. I'm not even pellet training him, just trying to get him on frozen shrimp consistently. His appetite is just not there

Reactions: McPhish and ATF

Toohard

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2014
Where ever
get some live blk worms. you can keep a nice live clump in the tank so he can eat at will. After that start training him onto frzn blood worms. Then start mixing in crushed pellets. Eventually you should have a pellet eater.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store