NGT now full-blown Massivore

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
Nice NGT, sounds like he's the centerpiece boss fish of the tank. Great job getting it that big already and growing.

Can't wait until mine goes for massivore pellets.
Thanks for the comment. Yes he is the main character-only silver dollars and a Polypterus senagalus in with him. Unless you've a massive tank I find Tigers are best on their own.

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Yeah, solitary is pretty good for them, I heard they get really darn aggressive against each other, not to mention they get huge. So it's not a such a great idea to get a lot of them, unless like you said you have a massive enormous tank to house a good group for them so they can spread out the aggression and live well together.

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
Yeah, solitary is pretty good for them, I heard they get really darn aggressive against each other, not to mention they get huge. So it's not a such a great idea to get a lot of them, unless like you said you have a massive enormous tank to house a good group for them so they can spread out the aggression and live well together.
Fully agree with you on that one

Xia

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2014
New York
nice looking ngt! i just recently bought a small indo from my lfs and im glad its taking massivore already so i feel relieved. i had trouble getting NTT's to take pellets in the past. hopefully ill be able to get a nice NGT too =]

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
nice looking ngt! i just recently bought a small indo from my lfs and im glad its taking massivore already so i feel relieved. i had trouble getting NTT's to take pellets in the past. hopefully ill be able to get a nice NGT too =]
This NGT was very stubborn-when I had NTT in past I was lucky and they took pellets immediately.

MANGCH1

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
???
how is this possible?? lol my NGT wont even eat frozen fish (whole) not even a dead guppy. everything has to be alive and wiggle for him to have any kind of interest in it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store