Nile Perch...

santoury

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Massachusetts
Zoo - I'm not talking about their coloration. Several were evidently stressed out while one, maybe two, looked good, per se.
The Nandus and other Perch types have similar dorsal fins and similar body shape. Just want you to get what you pay for...

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Filiportela has one, and it was dificult to start eating. Also shy at a young age. It ate small fry only for a considerable amount of time.

What is it eating in the LFS? Other than that, a beautifull, imposing, fish! G luck!

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
santoury;835762; said:
Zoo York

I saw yours on hold - saw them the last few times I went to HOT. I wanted to double check, though, that they are in fact Nile Perches. They look awfully a lot like the Korean/Chinese Perch types... maybe you want to get some confirmation before spending the $90 price tag.
I also wanted to caution you, also, that some of them did not look good today (Monday) so you might want to keep an eye on that.
If they were Korean/Chinese they'd be worth way more imo.

ZOO YORK 207;835789; said:
They are Lates niloticus. And some are a light morph rather than the normal darkend morph.

I've seen them weeks ago and I would agree and say the same.

sicxspeed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Ryht Bye De Beech
good luck with the Nile. Definitely keep us posted. How long do these fish live, assuming their 6foot lenght, Im guessing like 20 years plus right?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store