nimbochromis fuscotaeniatus

a_fin_affair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2012
brisbane australia
pop up a pic u should also be able to tell by looking at the anal fin if it is long and comes to a sharp point it will most likely be a male if it is rounded and shortish it should be a female also on the anal fin if its a male even if it is not in colour it should have a pattern threw the finnage / in a clear not a colour

dadez

Feeder Fish
Jun 27, 2015
Yo spadoc79 spadoc79 , yu still have yo fusco bro?

dadez

Feeder Fish
Jun 27, 2015
Long night of work

Yea I saw that so I hesitated on replying to it but felt like yu might still have it and upload a photo of it..
I have one but his colors haven't came in he's about 4", and I would like to see yo fusco colored up if by anychance yu still have him or kept a photo

pagdenjohn@

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2015
some haps colour up when small others will not depending on tank mates and where they are in the pecking order

viejafish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2013
Northeast
I have a Malawian pike male that is 7 inch, still not showing color. Another Malawian eye biter only started showing color at about 7 inch. You should expect larger hap males to take longer and larger size to show color, and smaller hap males to start showing color sooner and smaller. It also depends on the pecking order of the fish. A dominant peacock male in my grow out tank started showing color at only 2 inch. Fusco is a large hap, so it will take longer and larger size to show color. I have seen a dominant Fusco male in a species tank in LFS showing color at 3 inch. In home aquarium in submissive state, don't expect Fusco male to show color at less than 5 inch.

Last edited:

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Thread's been bumped and brought back and still no photos lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store