No Traffic In The Ray Section? Whats The Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
you should be able to tag certain people when you post a thread specific to there interest or knowledge. i think it would allow people who are not on all the time to follow and chime in on topics specific to there interests without searching through

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Simply put....... Fire is gone.

Sick of trying to raise them right and having no idea what I'm doing wrong. Sick of unanswered questions. Sick of arguing with knit picking people that seem to get off on being right due to technicalities. Burnt out from all the hard work, money, time lost, and not a friggin thing to show for it. IF there was a cashing out option this guy would do it......

Did I mention sick and tired of the process of being screwed over just trying to obtain them or buy in to the "cliques" that get the nice ones that are all sold long before any of us see them......

Only excitement I've had from this hobby this year has been a new Dorado that will hopefully answer the question I've been asking for years - Why aren't they turning gold? And that's not for this forum.

I've been enjoying my toothy fish a lot more lately then the flat fish...... They don't make you feel like a failure when they don't breed, they grow and you almost feel like you're doing something right.... :)

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Ill show my new ray to people once it comes forsale and once I win the race to be first with the money and once everyone stops hording all the large females :p. My rays are growing now im just hoping for pups sooner or later. But I agree overall the forum seems to be slower. And thank goodness no tank crashes so all is well I just feed them and change my filter socks

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
new memers come and go

the most who have been around a long time mainly know what they are doing so dont need to ask much

i for one would normally sort out any problems i have without asking

so yes most of the new threads will be people asking about tank size or sick rays

most replies people get are up the temp add salt try fee4ding night crawlers or black worms if the sand feels smooth it should be fine that tanks to small

if people did use the seach button then new members wouldnt need to post the same things = less traffic

all older more experianced ray keepers can do is help or post update pics

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
2 questions since we seem to have a lot of ray guys in here...

who is going to the monster convention in september?

How hard is it to import rays from europe? You uk guys have tins of nice pearls and they are few and far between in the us....

cjfrontlovr

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2006
denver,nc..
i think people posting is down in alot of sections on mfk.too many know it alls with bad attitudes.it really doesnt seem worth while anymore..i think mfk/fishkeeping is in a downward spiral

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
I stopped keeping FW rays when I moved to FL. Been too busy to really deal with them much, but will get back into it for sure when I get out of this state.

Reincarnated

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2013
upstate ny
Simply put....... Fire is gone.

Sick of trying to raise them right and having no idea what I'm doing wrong. Sick of unanswered questions. Sick of arguing with knit picking people that seem to get off on being right due to technicalities. Burnt out from all the hard work, money, time lost, and not a friggin thing to show for it. IF there was a cashing out option this guy would do it......

Did I mention sick and tired of the process of being screwed over just trying to obtain them or buy in to the "cliques" that get the nice ones that are all sold long before any of us see them......

Only excitement I've had from this hobby this year has been a new Dorado that will hopefully answer the question I've been asking for years - Why aren't they turning gold? And that's not for this forum.

I've been enjoying my toothy fish a lot more lately then the flat fish...... They don't make you feel like a failure when they don't breed, they grow and you almost feel like you're doing something right.... :)

Damn man that sucks. This is the stuff as a hobbyist/breeder that sucks to read. Ive been keeping fish for 20 years and not just one little tank, always had many and always will, but reading this makes me feel sad.

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
It has nothing to do with flaming but more to do with the majority of people have their collection in place and don't need their hands held anymore so they tend to ask less questions or do fewer updates!!! Only so many ways you can update on the same stingrays you have had for 5 years plus.
If you can't learn the works of this site or are able to use search function and the basics of computers then maybe you shouldn't be looking after rays. There is a difference between asking questions,stupidity and being down right lazy.Maybe, SEARCH the stickies and doing some research first and then when all has been exhausted and you can't find the information then ask the question. Do teachers give you the answers to the test before hand? I am pretty sure these aren't children that are owning rays unless they have rich parents and I am pretty sure I didn't sign up here to babysit and hold hands.
Rays aren't cheap and shouldn't be owned by the non experienced fish keepers as they are a long term commitment and require more care. It's not like you can change them out each month like a cichlid when you get bored of them.

Maybe they should have an advanced ray keeper section only and the children scared to be flamed section.
Thanks I am done my rant now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store