No Two Wild Oscars alike!!!

ChickenTeeth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2005
Canada
:screwy: :screwy: :screwy: In the wild no two Oscars are colored alike, yet our home-bred oscars are all alike??? :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: The reason for this, I read, lay in a Florida fish farmer who would use Oscars to clean out his pools. Florida fish farmers grow fishes out-doors in dirt pools. Once they had trapped out all the fish they could get from the pool, they throw in some Oscars to eat the remaining fish and crayfish. During this process the Oscars spawned. The fish farmer who used the Oscars as his clean-up crew sold the babies to others and pretty soon the whole aquarium world was supplied with the off-spring from this single pair. That's why they all looked alike.
Well thats the story of Oscars...Any1 have anyother stories regarding another fish?... Always very interesting how a small event turns out to affect things so far into the future. :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

FlammingWoodChuck

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2005
California
ChickenTeeth said:
:screwy: :screwy: :screwy: In the wild no two Oscars are colored alike, yet our home-bred oscars are all alike??? :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: The reason for this, I read, lay in a Florida fish farmer who would use Oscars to clean out his pools. Florida fish farmers grow fishes out-doors in dirt pools. Once they had trapped out all the fish they could get from the pool, they throw in some Oscars to eat the remaining fish and crayfish. During this process the Oscars spawned. The fish farmer who used the Oscars as his clean-up crew sold the babies to others and pretty soon the whole aquarium world was supplied with the off-spring from this single pair. That's why they all looked alike.
Well thats the story of Oscars...Any1 have anyother stories regarding another fish?... Always very interesting how a small event turns out to affect things so far into the future. :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:
All look alike. Not mine. I have to that are Very different. Here are some pix

100_2336.JPG

100_2272.JPG

ChickenTeeth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2005
Canada
No, No I meant regular Oscars. Urs are hybrid reds. Even, so u notice only 1 spot on the tail!!! Cuz the original regular pair had only 1 spot on the tail!!! Wild ones have many spots!!!

Fry

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2005
New York
ChickenTeeth said:
No, No I meant regular Oscars. Urs are hybrid reds. Even, so u notice only 1 spot on the tail!!! Cuz the original regular pair had only 1 spot on the tail!!! Wild ones have many spots!!!
pics plz!

ChickenTeeth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2005
Canada
I've been beggin for some1 to tell how to post pictures...Plz show me!!!

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
ChickenTeeth said:
I've been beggin for some1 to tell how to post pictures...Plz show me!!!
There is one of two ways you can do this!

1 when your typing a message click GO ADVANCED at the end of the threads! or if your Replying click QUOTE. Once you have done that the larger message screen will apear keep going down the page until you hit a long box which will have a grey button which says MANAGE ATTACHMENTS hit that and then just brows your documents and pic's and choose what you want to post !

2 You hit GALLERY at the top of your screen ! then look under LOG OUT there will be UPLOAD PHOTO'S click that ! Then as befor browse your pi'c and documents and upload what everfish pic's you want to. Once you have done that you can go to your PERSONAL GALLERY and see your pic's choose a pic by clicking on it the image will the go in to larger mode. It will have 2 white bars with writing in the above it will say DIRECT URL and FOURUM CODE copy fourum code and paste it to one of your threads/posts.

Hope this helps you .

ChickenTeeth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2005
Canada
Thanks Dan, I give it a try.

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
ChickenTeeth said:
In the wild no two Oscars are colored alike, yet our home-bred oscars are all alike???
I beg to differ.

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
ChickenTeeth;151186; said:
red oscars are not hybrids

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store