Normal in Oscars?

bluehairman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2007
Green Bay
Alright, I'll be honest, I haven't been doing water changes because my tube I use for siphoning is infected with fish tb. But I should be getting one tomorrow, if I get a ride.

Anyways, my problem is, is that my osar is getting kind of skinny towards the spine. I'm worried that it's fish tb. what do you guys think? I'll try and get pictures later.

sour_girl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2006
Toronto
What is fish tb? Why dont you just rinse your hose out? If its getting skinny its probably very sick.. Oscars are very susceptible to HITH and the main way they get it is not cleaning your tank enough...

bluehairman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2007
Green Bay
sour_girl;3158094; said:
What is fish tb? Why dont you just rinse your hose out? If its getting skinny its probably very sick.. Oscars are very susceptible to HITH and the main way they get it is not cleaning your tank enough...
A bacteria infection that infected the organs.
And rinsing it isn't enough. Fish tb, or mycobacterium have to be disinfected with something

fayfay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2009
Scandinavia
Fish TB = Fish turberculosis
Highly contagious, and can be transferred to humans.

All i can tip on is get the waterchange done as quickly as you can. Get medicine, and as mentioned in the article, some vitamin b-6 if possible.

bluehairman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2007
Green Bay
Does anyone know where I can get liquid vitamin b6?
I'm actually pretty much an expert on fish tb, and an trying multiple possible treatments to hopefully have an effective treatment proven to work. I've read about the vitamin b6 thing, but I can't find it at any stores.

fayfay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2009
Scandinavia
tried the drug store?

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
or a vitamin shop like vitamin world, vitamin shoppe, gnc, hi-health, etc

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com