Northern Thai

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
I can't find any ghost shrimp for sale yet.

So each afternoon, I scoop about twenty guppies out of the fish bowl in front of the house and put them in the sank with the NTTs. The guppies stay near the surface on the left. The NTTs stay at the bottom on the right, and ignore the guppies.

But if I come back half an hour after lights out, all the guppies are gone. The NTTs merely want to eat in peace.

I am not sure if guppies are the best food for them. When they are larger, I will feed them tilapia fry. In the meantime, I will keep searching the markets for ghost.

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
Went back to the LFS and got two more NTT.
IMG_20220115_123519.jpg

Sorry about the fuzzy pics. My phone take terrible photos. I was planning on getting a new phone, but each time I spend my money on some new fish.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That looks like a buttikoferi cichlid at the bottom of one of the photos.If so keep an eye on it as they can be quite quarrelsome as they get bigger.

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
Nice tiger perch you have there. I can see why they are often so expensive.

Reactions: Midwater

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
Nice tiger perch you have there. I can see why they are often so expensive.
These were not expensive, thirteen dollars equivalent each. They are local fish, sort of. Although these are Northern Thai Tigers, and I am in the North of Thailand, these do not come from here. They probably come from the most Eastern province.

Indonesian tigers are not too expensive either, although some LFS bump them up a bit.

Authentic three bar Siamese tigers are incredibly expensive, if you can ever find them at all. I have not seen any for sale for fifteen years. Ironically, exported older fish are probably cheaper in other parts of the world.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store