Nostalgic!!

Spiritofthesoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Singapore
Hi everyone, I'm not really a new member here but figured I'll do a new post since it has been forever since I've been on this forum and everything looks alien to me already. My last post in MFK was in Sep 2012!!!

I was a huge polypterus (bichir) fan back then, considering I have collected every single species (known back then) and kept them in my 6x2x2ft tank. Nothing complex, just some black sand, a couple of driftwoods and rocks.

Here is a photo of the setup

Unfortunately, I had to serve in the army for 2 years. And so the tank and fishes had to go and gradually I became less active in the community.

Fast forward 3-4 years to the present. I have started a new 4x1.5x1.5ft tank. Though my passion for bichirs have not fade, I could not find the space to house a larger tank. Keeping those serpents in this new tank won't be ideal (especially for those lower jaw giants).

Hence I decided to explore another area of this hobby and choose to go with planted tanks and community fishes. Here is the tank as of now.

IMAG6190.jpg

Hope you guys like it. And I guess you would find me more in the planted section of MFK! :D

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Welcome....nice planted tank. Some smaller polys would love that tank.

Spiritofthesoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Singapore
Welcome....nice planted tank. Some smaller polys would love that tank.
Thanks! I agree, I could probably house a couple of Senegals, Delhezis and Palmas in there. But I already have a community livestock in there. Bummer.

Anyways, my true love for bichirs will always be for the lower jaw species. Had a 3-4" lapradei and endli and grew them out till roughly 1.5' each.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store