Not a monster tank, but new nonetheless ;)

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
Awesome! Now you can have peace of mind.
+1 I had to see people taking risks like that. Glad you gave it a proper fix!!! Keep us updated

Cloudk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2010
Swimming in a mountain river
SO! I start to fill it up. All appears well. I get about 3in of water in it. While looking in overflow, husband: "Is this supposed to have water in it?" Me: "uhh ... I'm not using a sump and have no bulkhead, so no". Husband: "Well theres water leaking into it". Me: "u've GOT TO B F***ing kidding!!!*looks in and sees small, slow, progressive, creeping of water*" So i stuff some towels in, drain the tank as fast as possible, and luckily nothing dripped out on my stand or anything. Also luckily, like any good acrylic owner, I've got some weld-on laying around. Put a bead around the bottom and on the sides. We'll find out today how well it worked. Seems reasonable that overflow wouldn't b water tight. It is supposed to have water in it afterall. Was installed later, so this is my hope.

Cloudk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2010
Repair was a failure. There was a small part on the corner i missed. And THEN of course my weld-on tube broke, rendering it useless. We go to Lowes. Spend an hour looking, and nothing... So! Today i have to go to the next town over(about 30min away), to look for more... This tank BETTER b worth it...

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
Repair was a failure. There was a small part on the corner i missed. And THEN of course my weld-on tube broke, rendering it useless. We go to Lowes. Spend an hour looking, and nothing... So! Today i have to go to the next town over(about 30min away), to look for more... This tank BETTER b worth it...

It will be worth it in the end. Have you thought about ordering it online?

Cloudk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2010
Yea. I was just hoping to not have to wait longer. If i don't find it today, I'll have to order it online. But i can't see the HD in Barstow, CA being the only hardware store selling it on the west coast...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store