Not enough datnoids

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
I'm actually selling some off and keep some, I'll probally sell like 10 and keep 10
Like T1 said, that's too little to pick out from...

Or you can do it like me a few years ago, buy a box of datnoids (around 80 - 200+ pieces), it will significantly reduce the cost per fish, and the cost of shipping. Pick out your desirable fish and throw the rest out to the market in a very low price!

It will hurt your lfs business, and if you don't want your lfs start hating you, just cull the rest out! (it is not recommended)

In my experience, the odds of finding a nice pattern from a batch of datnoid is like 1 out of 100+

45.jpg

47.jpg

JayC74

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
The problem with that is you will get about 5+ with undesirable strips that will be hard to sell

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
But chances are with an Indo collection like that all in 1tank, there will be several skinny stressed IT's within time which tend to be on the more "stable" side...which could go a long way towards resell value regardless of unfavorable striping

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Like T1 said, that's too little to pick out from...

Or you can do it like me a few years ago, buy a box of datnoids (around 80 - 200+ pieces), it will significantly reduce the cost per fish, and the cost of shipping. Pick out your desirable fish and throw the rest out to the market in a very low price!

It will hurt your lfs business, and if you don't want your lfs start hating you, just cull the rest out! (it is not recommended)

In my experience, the odds of finding a nice pattern from a batch of datnoid is like 1 out of 100+
Wow nice ST.

jray33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2009
Washington state
Trans-ship/import from a wholesaler basically. 1 box quantity, probably around 100 fish. Super low price per fish if you do it that way.

kevchooi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2014
Fish paradise
Just an idea how much it cost us here to get from Indonesian farms. Currency exchange RM3.70 = US$1. If we get from local breeder its cheaper.

Screenshot_2015-02-02-22-02-51_1.jpg

Screenshot_2015-02-02-22-02-51_1.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store