OCEAN'S ADVOCATE

water_baby83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
UnDeR tHe SeA
www.myspace.com
groovitudedude;1799458; said:
That's a lot of requirements...... Where in CA are you?
There has to be a lot of requirements, as this organization is one which will be not only highly demanding, but also carries with it a high potential for dangerous situations, and will be goverened by maritime and other international laws, and therefore, those we allow on the missions as crew must be at the top of their game, and for liabilities sake, meet the requirements we set forth.

I personally am located in Northern California.

water_baby83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
UnDeR tHe SeA
www.myspace.com
BIGgourami;1800523; said:
3 things

1) what's a pillow hugger?
2) will this be militarized :D ok not really a question i just had to ask
3) where do i sign up?
To answer your questions;

1) Someone who cannot handle getting out of bed on a moment's notice, one who is not a "morning person", one who needs to nap often, etc...
2) Well I have been known to be a general, but no, officially this is not a militarized organization, lol.
3) I will be posting applications you can grab and save to your computer as a word.doc (or other similar program). See a few posts back for those details.

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
well i sent an emial to Oceans_Advocate@hotmail.com i don't know if you checked that yet or what, but i guess i'll try a pm next..

water_baby83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
UnDeR tHe SeA
www.myspace.com
Yep, got it, thank you. I sent you a PM back as well. I have been swamped with NGO documents for the IRS and State, so I have been a bit over-loaded. You should be receiving a reply tomorrow detailing the information you requested along with a preliminary application, which will also be posted here in this thread for those interested. This will not be the final application (as until necessary I will not need certain information), but this one will be processed the same and get you situated with Ocean's Advocate. For those of you who join now, the additional information which will be included on the full applications will be sent to you at the appropriate time as an adendum. You will not need to fill out another entire application. Thanks for your patience, this is a lot of work, but totally worth it!!

-Em

water_baby83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
UnDeR tHe SeA
www.myspace.com
We are currently experiencing difficulties posting the application attachment within the Ocean's Advocate thread here on MFK. We are asking that all interested send an e-mail directly to

Oceans_Advocate@hotmail.com

So that we can send you a preliminary Crewmember application directly. Thank you so much!

-Emi

water_baby83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
UnDeR tHe SeA
www.myspace.com
UPDATE:

Just want to send out a quick thank you to all of you who have expressed an interest in joining Ocean's Advocate and who have submitted their applications to oceans_advocate@hotmail.com

The responses are fabulous and coming in every day, so I wanted to let everyone know that if you have not yet received your application, or if you have submitted your application, but are still waiting for a confirmation e-mail, please be patient, as there is a lot of information to go through with each application.

CHANGES:

For those of you who are currently working on your application, or who have requested an application and are waiting for it to arrive, please take note of a recent change I made.
You will no longer need to fill out a separate application for each position you are interested in, rather there are boxes at the end of the application which you can check to indicate the positions you are most interested in, and then there are spaces provided below to indicate your top two preferred positions. Please note, that because our missions may vary, so might your selected positions, however, indicating your top two preferred positions gives you a much higher chance at being chosen for those areas first. Thank you so much guys!!!

If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail them to the address listed above!!

-Em

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
after this weekend i should be NAUI certified (knock on wood)...

i believe my application had the changes you've listed so i think im good in the hood :D

krzr3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 9, 2006
CT
Is this a sea shepherd -esque venture?

Looks very interesting i will be following progress and updates.

water_baby83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
UnDeR tHe SeA
www.myspace.com
krzr3000;1885753; said:
Is this a sea shepherd -esque venture?

Looks very interesting i will be following progress and updates.
Umm, in a sense, yes -and - no. Our campaigns are going to be more specifically focused, and we will not overlap with their campaigns. I have spoken to Paul Watson about it, and Ocean's Advocate is another enforcement entity, but not exactly the same. While their main focus is on whales and seals, our main focus is on sharks and other big 'game'. Our most common capaign areas are going to be the following

- Galapagos Islands
- Hawaiian Islands
- Costa Rican Areas
- Greek Islands
- Gulf of Mexico

Thank you for your support!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store