Oddballs for a 30 gallon

Electric45

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2009
United states
So, i can't figure out what I want in my 30 gallon. I love oddball fish, dont like the whole community fish of tetras and gouramis, ive already done that. The whole 2 things ive decided on so far is for the tank r two of my fish im transfering from a different tank.

For sure:
1. Rubber lip Pleco
2. Peacock eel

Possibilities: (not sure if they would be too big as adults)
3. Senegal Bichir (really love these bichirs)
4. African Brown Knife
5. Fire mouth cichlid
6. Leopard Ctenopoma (although I heard it actually eats fish's fins so ive started to decline my interest in it)

I'd prefer to have the 1 rubber lip pleco/1 peacock eel/ and 2 other oddballs in this future tank. If anyone has any advice or suggestions about #3,4,5,6 or any other awesome oddball fish id love to hear it.

hmoobvwj

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
WISCONSIN
I would get 3 Senegalus Bichir...they max at around 12" so that will do for the 30 gallon dimension being 12" in width. I think the Tire Track Eel will outgrow the 30 gallon though....

Electric45

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2009
United states
its actually a stiped peacock eel with a max size of 12 inches so it would be fine in the 30 gallon. Im pretty sure 3 senegalus bichirs would be way too many though. Id really prefer just 1 and with 3 and the rubber lip i think it would be overstocked. any other ideas?

devder1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2008
arizona
african brown knifes are awesome fish if u want them
totally docile and entertaining
african brown knife for the win!!!!!!:headbang2

Electric45

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2009
United states
do u think they get too big? dont they max out around 12"? seems ok for a senegal and peacok at 12 " since they dont swim round much but brown knifes may be a bit different. i duno, what do u think?

peef2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2008
CA
they really dont even get over 8 inches. the african brown knives. and most of the time they are hiding.

Electric45

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2009
United states
well that sounds good, maybe ill get one of those then. So it would be,
1. Rubber lip pleco
2. Peacock eel
3. African Brown knife

and i should still have some room left, people through some cool oddballs out there!

Electric45

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2009
United states
since i have these relaxed, sort of inactive fish. Id now prefer something a bit more active that maybe swims around the upper water column or the middle. But its gotta be an oddball or unique fish. Any suggestions? i was thinkin firemouth clichlid maybe? any others?

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
African butterfly fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store