Oddball's Oddballs (Updated:3-28-15)

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Here's a good representation of the regional differences in frontosa coloration. The dark one is a WC Samazi front and the other is a WC Maswa front. Plus a little pineapple tropheus for S&G.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Nic;656279; said:
ahh nice collection any idea on how many fish total you have
I've been thinning out the smaller (60 - 80gal) tanks for tearing out racks and replacing them with larger stacked tanks (250 - 360gal). I figure I'm down to around a thousand fish now.

wizzin said:
Nice stuff Oddball. I'd like to see more of your overall setup. I keep hearing it's .001% etc. but I haven't seen any pics of your whole deal. Do you work with these guys or what? What's the BKG Oddball, for us NOOBS...
Probably won't ever see complete tank shots. My hatchery is all tight aisles of tanks. Can't get full shots of 4, 6, and 8 foot tanks with 2 feet of aisle space.

I tried "Hail Mary" shots by holding the camera against one tank and shooting across the aisle for a full tank shot. Can't use the viewfinder and only captured part of the tanks. And, I can't check light levels to select flash settings so, the colors tend to come out wrong. The angles also cause a distortion of the fish. I'll play around and see if I can find a technique that'll work without investing in new camera gear again.

fronts.jpg

tankshot.jpg

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
This Brazilian parrot is having a heck of a time keeping the lunkers away from his claimed driftwood overhang. The sunshine O doesn't care about the claim. I don't even think he notices the little parrot.

parrot.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store