Odoe pike owner. Anyone else

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
They are awesome fish. Although I've read they don't live too long. This guy is pushing 4. But I talked to one owner who had a 10 year old.
....interesting,I don't recall ever hearing or reading anything on them being a particularly short lived species.

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
Cool fish, I've actually been pretty interested in them lately and may work on getting one. What size tank is it in? Any other tank mates besides the bichir?

Reactions: Mako_the_odoe

Mako_the_odoe

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2024
Cool fish, I've actually been pretty interested in them lately and may work on getting one. What size tank is it in? Any other tank mates besides the bichir?
Currently in a 120. Used to be in a bigger tank but had to downsize after a house fire. He is currently with a bichir and 2 hujeta gars.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Was going to ask what it was grown out in - looks as if it was raised in a good sized tank (much larger then 120)

I remember it being said these fish only live 5 years or less. I believe I've had 2 groups that lived longer. Current group now is probably 7-8 years old.

One of the most underated fish out there. I absolutely love them. Watching a group take turns feeding is always a great adventure.

The fish in this thread is one of the nicer specimens I've seen - looks perfect. Great job with him! He's mint!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Was going to ask what it was grown out in - looks as if it was raised in a good sized tank (much larger then 120)

I remember it being said these fish only live 5 years or less. I believe I've had 2 groups that lived longer. Current group now is probably 7-8 years old.

One of the most underated fish out there. I absolutely love them. Watching a group take turns feeding is always a great adventure.

The fish in this thread is one of the nicer specimens I've seen - looks perfect. Great job with him! He's mint!
Yo!....glad this thread crossed your radar,you were the member I was referring to in my post.

Reactions: Mako_the_odoe

Mako_the_odoe

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2024
Thank you. He grew up in a 220 gallon tank. Unfortunately, our house burnt down so ge had to move to a different location while insurance was taking care of the house so he stayed in a 120. Other fish with him passed away as well probably due to stress or just me not being able to cleam the tank as often as I should when they were away as my friend took them in. But he's a fighter. I ld say one of the hardiest fish I've ever had.

I agree with it being underrated. Not alot of odeo owners ive seen. And its nice to know you were able to keep yours that old. What happened to them?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store