Odyssea CFS 14i/ CFS 1200

turtleguy10

Exodon
MFK Member
May 7, 2012
CT
i'm getting closer to being able to mess with my filter. the top of the tank was not even so my brother helped me trim it outside.

IMG_20160529_174138.jpg

turtleguy10

Exodon
MFK Member
May 7, 2012
CT
got it inside after taking a dive with the tank shoulder first into the ground off the 3rd step porch because it was heavy as hell for me walking up the stairs backwards. Found out the overhang post was more for decoration (just got this house a little while ago) and tried to catch my balance on it and nope it flew out of the way as i took a dive lol. luckily i wasn't hurt, wish i had it on camera. tank seems to be fine. got it inside finally and cleaned it with vinegar and water 50/50. not a show tank. and my bro went to put the scale saw on my tank after cutting and the safety guide didnt retract and it took some nice chips on one side that was almost perfect. got a decent deal on it. needs more buffing for sure.

IMG_20160529_230605.jpg

Reactions: Rhyno8

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Glad to hear you're ok after that fall. Good thing its acrylic and not glass

Reactions: turtleguy10

nossalucard

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
North Carolina
+1 Glad you're okay turtleguy

I've never owned a "monster tank" myself (125 the largest) but still hoping I can manage to get the 300 glass tank I was quoted before summer is over. Unfortunately stuff keeps coming up house repair wise, and it's NOT looking good... :(

TON of filters, and nothing bigger than a 75 to put them on...

Anyhow, after seeing what you went through with acrylic, not sure how I would plan to bring the glass one I want in the house/basement...

They have suction cups to rent, but still....

nossalucard

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
North Carolina
UPDATE:

CFS700 has been running for almost a month now(using the configuration of suggested flat-washers/rubber washers + my configuration of /U/V intake tube wrapped with bonded filter pad surrounded by potscrubbers), no problems/leaks.

Would I recommend? NOT TO A PERSON NEW TO AQUARIUMS/CANISTER FILTERS.

I find it way more often that people are WAAAAY too "HEAVY HANDED" to use something that may take a bit of "TLC" to make work safely/correctly, ESPECIALLY WHERE MODIFICATIONS MAY BE RECOMMENDED.

I'm NOT an EXPERT, BUT I've been doing this for over 25 years, so I have a bit of a "seasoned" hand tightening knobs, lubricating seals, etc. Most people that are just starting out DO have HEAVY HANDS however, and end up OVER-TIGHTENING knobs(which with the cheapness of the plastics/materials on these CFS Canisters causes cracking).

TREAD WITH CARE, YMMV.....

P.S. I still have the 1200/14i in the box unopened, so I'll get to that when I get to it or need it...

turtleguy10

Exodon
MFK Member
May 7, 2012
CT
So that acrylic tank never made it.
Picked up a leaking glass 300g.
Reaealed the 300g inside only. Ran a 125g with a 14i into a cfs700, then changed it to two cfs 700's. The 300g Didnt last more than 4 months. Ended up picking up a 300g stock tank. Running 2 14i's gutted using an inline jebao 12000 dct pump externally with 1" pvc. Tons of porous ceramic rings and trying out for a first time bio bale.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store