% of killers to peaceful (or tolerable) jardini

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Hey Buffalo....... what's up with the big tank? You need to stop wishing and start doing. :)

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Materials are being gathered my friend, Rome wasn't built in a day! Lol always wanted to use that, its not all that urgent anyway as all my fish are still at comfortable sizes for the 70. I was thinking my Orino would be bigger by now but he's only about 6 inch so he can still turn and eat without coming close to the sides. That's the only fish that I currently have that really needs a big tank somewhat soon. Other then him my Ornate and teugelsis are the only ones who need a larger tank ATM. Also I don't want to cheap out or discover something I should have done later so I'm taking it slow

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kody929

Candiru
MFK Member
May 16, 2013
Anywhere, Allthetime
From experience I would say jardini are almost always agressive. I had a 6" and it would punk out a foot long silver along with armored plated gars. I now have a leichartdi that is similar size and I've never had an aggression issue. I do believe jardini are prettier in color but as far as body shape and temperament lei takes the cake.

Nova 8

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2007
South Australia
I've had a few Jar's over the years and none of them have ever been aggressive towards MOST tank mates. My current one which is around 45-50cm will tolerate all fish I put with him except Oscars for some reason :WTF:

jiant2520

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2011
Niagara Falls, New York
I bought a Jardini a few years ago and put it in my 265g, which already had a silver and the silver killed the jar within a few days... never stood a chance. They were both at about the 8-10" mark, if I remember correctly.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
in fact it is hity or miss. i have had both..

I have had asians kill a jar in one day. it all depends on who dominates the tank and was there longer, imho.

Africans look, and are, boring, imho....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store