Official arowana showcase Thread (Post with Photos)

Dwalton98

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2022
I don’t know if anyone can help me, but I have a ~6 silver aro and I just started to notice this spot on his back, that he did not always have. Can anyone tell me what this is? I’m hoping it’s nothing but I don’t like that it wasn’t always there. He’s in with two longnose gar in a 75 gal.

Attachments

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I don’t know if anyone can help me, but I have a ~6 silver aro and I just started to notice this spot on his back, that he did not always have. Can anyone tell me what this is? I’m hoping it’s nothing but I don’t like that it wasn’t always there. He’s in with two longnose gar in a 75 gal.
It's possible that it may jumped and bruised itself.

Reactions: Dwalton98

Dwalton98

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2022
I’m seeing posts about arowanas losing scales. It isn’t from aggression h
It's possible that it may jumped and bruised itself.
thanks, yeah the more I looked into it I saw posts from people who’s Arowanas lost scales/bruised from jumping. I added salt last night but if it’s just a bruise will the salt help?

Dwalton98

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2022
Yes that and pristine water condition.
Thanks I think it actually is the start of fin rot, there is now a black spot on his fin and it’s hard to see but definitely looks frayed. He’s at least still eating. I checked my water, ammonia and nitrite are 0 nitrate is around 30ppm so I did a water change, hopefully he improves. Thanks for the help.

sbn1828

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2023
Maryland, USA
I would raise the temp to 86F and add salt and monitor to see if improve in a week or so.

kobearowana

Feeder Fish
Dec 8, 2023
what's up everyone, just joined this forum. Heres my Malaysian blue arowana, names Kobe. I got Kobe around a year ago at already age 3, here's his growth & color change since then. Btw he has two tank mates, an Albino stingray and a flag tail. To me the most obvious change would be his color, it. seems to have gotten lighter and the scales less prominent. Also it seems like he's developing into a cross back. Let me know what you guys think

Oct 2022 Dec 2023 Dec 2023
Oct 2022.png Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 15.26.53.png Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 15.28.44.png

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
what's up everyone, just joined this forum. Heres my Malaysian blue arowana, names Kobe. I got Kobe around a year ago at already age 3, here's his growth & color change since then. Btw he has two tank mates, an Albino stingray and a flag tail. To me the most obvious change would be his color, it. seems to have gotten lighter and the scales less prominent. Also it seems like he's developing into a cross back. Let me know what you guys think

Oct 2022 Dec 2023 Dec 2023
View attachment 1531170 View attachment 1531171 View attachment 1531172
Welcome aboard
Nice looking Aro's and Ray.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store