Official Cichla Intermedia Grow Out Thread!!

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
These guys are a little under a year old, pushing 10" or so. Need a little big more size until they can go in with the big boys.

View attachment 1207464
Do they have HITH or is that just battle scares?
This is why I was sceptical about scooping some up to grow them out. Even the great R1 Ridah was a seasoned vet who couldn't avoid the HiTH on his intermedia. Rip brother.

Reactions: bigpac

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Do they have HITH or is that just battle scares?
This is why I was sceptical about scooping some up to grow them out. Even the great R1 Ridah was a seasoned vet who couldn't avoid the HiTH on his intermedia. Rip brother.
i also remember R1 trying everything possible to avoid hith with his intermedia. he def was one of the greatest. R1P..bOOsteN you think f1s could be a bit more easier to avoid with hith?

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
i also remember R1 trying everything possible to avoid hith with his intermedia. he def was one of the greatest. R1P..bOOsteN you think f1s could be a bit more easier to avoid with hith?
That's how FunWow convinced me to buy two of them so we shall see. I keep my TDS around 45ppm. I'm going to work on getting them down a bit lower. Also, my nitrates are sitting at about 3 ppm if I had to guess based on the faint coloration.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
And are they supposedly wild or captive bred?
Interesting theory. Michael Bottner's breeding pair of xingus had HITH. I raised 10 of his CB xingus for over a year with no signs of HITH.
So are you saying WC are more sensitive and prone to HITH?

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
Interesting theory. Michael Bottner's breeding pair of xingus had HITH. I raised 10 of his CB xingus for over a year with no signs of HITH.
So are you saying WC are more sensitive and prone to HITH?
I guess there only one way to find out.

Reactions: bassinmike85

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Problem is WC are so hard to find. Need to find me some WC.
Hope people post more pics to see a bigger sample size of WC vs CB. You got a good following so far.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store