Official Cichla Intermedia Grow Out Thread!!

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
So mad this rio hondo killed the bigger of the 2 intermedia. The smaller is perfectly fine. The Rio hondo male also killed the female Rio hondo a couple of weeks ago.
Get rid of it. It will probably kill your other at some point in time. Monsters aquarium has 3.5-4inch intermedia for $65 each still. Saw a tank full the other weekend.

rjkz28

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Illinois
Get rid of it. It will probably kill your other at some point in time. Monsters aquarium has 3.5-4inch intermedia for $65 each still. Saw a tank full the other weekend.
Do they have a web site?

rjkz28

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Illinois
Are they out of New York? If so I just sent them a FB message.

rjkz28

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Illinois
So this the Rio Hondo and the other intermedia like are like buddies lol. Werid he doesn't even mess with this other guy at all. Wondering if I should just these 2 be and let them grow together instead of adding a 3rd in there with them again.

rjkz28

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
Illinois
Bad news fellas, the rio Hondo got the other intermedia in the middle of if the night. They have been ever since he killed the bigger of the 2. I'm not going to get anymore intermedia at this time. I may have to make a big move out of state later this year so it would be hard to transport them across the county. It sucks these were my holy grail of cichla too. One day I'll be back in the cichla game.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store