Official Designs By Nature 3D Background Thread

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Great thread, I love these backgrounds. I want one now.

mr.bigglesworth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2012
By SF, Farther Inland, NorCal
I thought about it for Christmas. Decided against it tho. My mom says that the 3d backgrounds with the trees on them look really fake. But i like the rocky brown/gray backs. But i just think that a malawi setup with the right 3d background would look absolutely out of this world. I think that these work best with african cichlids. It doesnt fit in with live plants or driftwood or heavily decorated tanks imo. It just looks kind of 'odd'. But i like their prices. Its cheap. Unless you have a several hundred gal tank ;). I prefer the slimlines to conserve tank space. But still have enough space in the back for heaters and misc. Valves. Rambling sorry about that.

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Depends on the model. Some definitely can--Olgas, universal ledge, rocky sheet, canyon, BFR COMP, etc. are all flexible.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Are they flexible enough to put in a center braced 36 bowfront to install without a seam? Also for sheets cut to work with braces is it easy to install all at once or is it better to let one piece dry then match up the second?

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
I should never looked at this thread, I was set on just painting the back of my new tank black...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store