Official Designs By Nature 3D Background Thread

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
There's a real piece of wood in front of the RTM tank picture if you look, it's almost an identical color and texture to the stump of the background.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Your wasting your time bro biggles is just a troll. Let's just get back to posting pics of members tanks who invest the money and effort actually make their setup next level.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
So how durable are these backgrounds with plecs, especially panaques??

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Fantastic question and I don't know to be honest. I would not think well, not many materials in the hobby can handle a panaques teeth. I have kept common plecos and BN plecos and they do not leave a scratch but considering panaques scratch acrylic (from what I have read, no experience here) I would advise against it. Anyone try this combo yet?

I have an empty tank and a slimline in the garage hmmmm.. Seems like a fun experiment.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I'd have to 2nd that Panaques would not befit such a setup. My big Panaque chewed up 4-6 pounds of driftwood a week. And since they mainly seek the simple sugars exuded by the woods bio-film, they'd most likely make short work of these costly backgrounds.

hpanaque.jpg

hpanaque.jpg

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I'd have to 2nd that Panaques would not befit such a setup. My big Panaque chewed up 4-6 pounds of driftwood a week. And since they mainly seek the simple sugars exuded by the woods bio-film, they'd most likely make short work of these costly backgrounds.
That was kind of my thinking as well. I would also never add Uaru but thats a hunch I haven't tried (am dieing to though). Teejay will have to test that for us.

Side note though, I wish had more pics of that guy.. true MONSTER right there!

Sent from Samsung 4G Microwave

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
I don't know, I think the flexible material stands a good chance with panaques. If anybody has one and is interested, contact me and I can see about getting a scrap out to you to test out and you can post results.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I don't know, I think the flexible material stands a good chance with panaques. If anybody has one and is interested, contact me and I can see about getting a scrap out to you to test out and you can post results.

I always wanted a royal and have an empty 55g i can grow a juvie in. I'm down unless adults are needed.

Sent from Samsung 4G Microwave

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
Here's a 75 gallon with a Crevice, just threw some rocks from the backyard in for some grow outs:

I'll be making this one nice very soon. I have another 75 right next to it with a BFR COMP.

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
Here's a 75 gallon with a Crevice, just threw some rocks from the backyard in for some grow outs:

I'll be making this one nice very soon. I have another 75 right next to it with a BFR COMP.

Here's the same tank right now:

I threw in every spare rock, wood, and plant I had laying around just to break up some sight lines.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store