Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
What do you guys think I should do? 12 days of community service + $320 fine or <12 days in the county? I have the time for community service, it's just a PITA.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
What do you guys think I should do? 12 days of community service + $320 fine or <12 days in the county? I have the time for community service, it's just a PITA.
Sounds like a no brainer to me...why spend even one night in the dipsey if you don't have to.I've seen quite a few people who had very low bails die in county jail...you never know what might happen in there.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Lol, yea I know. I've been dragging the CS out a year now already, + if I go in I could probably get THREE birds with one stone, I have another warrant out in another city.

Lol, on the other hand, I'm not as young as I was :/

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'm not aware how things work in Cali but here if you surrender and go in with an outstanding warrant to another county,you will not be released until someone from that county either contacts the jail or comes to take custody of you.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
The money will hurt, but I can't say I don't spend money on stupid things. Really, I can't stand the back and forth, paperwork, the court etc..

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
I'm not aware how things work in Cali but here if you surrender and go in with an outstanding warrant to another county,you will not be released until someone from that county either contacts the jail or comes to take custody of you.
That is my understanding as to how it works here also. This other warrant I mentioned is literally 10 years old. I may get credit for it while I was in previous. I hope, could also mean more time tacked on also :(

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It could go either way but in the meantime there's no telling how much time will pass between your sentence expiration date and when the other county will be heard from....and you'll be sitting and possibly jeopardizing your employment.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
**smh** My luck, that's what will happen. Something similar happened to me years ago. Saw the judge and he told me to go home, TWO WEEKS later I got out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store