Official TANKED (Television Show) Discussion Thread

GeraldM

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2013
San Diego
I use to like the show until I researched on how their fish do after they are stocked. I found out that most of their fish die due to lack of cycling the tank. I mean it takes months for a saltwater tank to cycle and they are setting it up in one day and stocking it on the same day.

davdev

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2010
Somewhere in New England
The episode where they built a fishtank in a baseball park and pelted it with baseballs was wrong. Starting to dislike the show a lot.
Wasn't that Fish Tank Kings? They did it for the Florida Marlins new park, and I believe they put an outside layer of bullet proof glass, so the balls are not actually hitting the tank. I believe Tanked was hired to do a tank for a minor league baseball team, but they backed out

TheGinge5

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
I've seen about 10 episodes. It's a pretty good show, but the guys (especially the big guy) are bad actors and it's obvious they're being fed lines.

I also don't like how they rarely show any freshwater setups, and when they do, it's always some BS tank with rummy nose tetras and angel fish and gouramis. (No offense if you keep those type of fish). If they're going to make huge tanks, they should have huge fish there too, but they always make the FW tanks these little community setups that everyone has. It's like they're purposely trying to make FW less attractive than saltwater.

On the plus side, they make some awesome tanks. The one they made for Tracy Morgan was really good. They made a 400 gallon shark tank for him and they had an acrylic arm and leg that looked like they had been bitten off by a shark as the decoration - I thought it was kinda cool.
They also did an african cichlid tank made out of a fridge, it was very tall and not very wide so it was not very suitable for the amount of fish they added IMO. All the cichlids gathered towards the bottom and you know they are going to have major fin nipping or worse because of the fish constantly fighting for territory in such a small area.

Overall i like the show but i do feel they dont always have the best interest of the fish in mind...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store