Ohio fish rescue

mattison187

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2007
vermont
Ive always kind of followed his vids and stuff. good guy for what he does, but i cant help but think that eventually he is going to just be backed up by all these fish he takes in, and will be over his head overstocked? Maybe not. He has dne a good job managing it so far

Reactions: bigrich545

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
Ive always kind of followed his vids and stuff. good guy for what he does, but i cant help but think that eventually he is going to just be backed up by all these fish he takes in, and will be over his head overstocked? Maybe not. He has dne a good job managing it so far
well hi everyone :) thank you and you guys dont have to worry about me getting "backed up" :) i now work with 4 different public aquariums and zoos, about 6 months ago i had 29 big pacus and 9 very large Niger cats or ripsaw cats and 8 Tiger shovelnose cats and 7 huge marble cats and 4 extra huge red tail cats and some big alligator gar, and between the public aquariums and zoos, i was able to find them all great homes, i keep 2 of each large fish so i have on display at the rescue , to show people how big they actually get and also for educational purposes, i do presentations at fish clubs and so on, i also rehome for free all the smaller fish that came in, to members of Ohio fish rescue, also when we take in someones family pet that has a name, we not only keep that name but that fish now has a forever home here with us , so the family can come back and visit :) there has been a couple exceptions to that rule, like we went and saved a fish that was 3-10 hours away and them people said it was ok to give them to the aquariums because they could never visit anyway, and also in the case of Sheldon and bertha , berthas parents really wanted there fish back so they bought a 1500 gallon tank and they took not only there fish back "bertha" but they also wanted berthas "love interest" Sheldon, so we just got back from delivering them to West Virginia, :) so we have things figured out pretty much also we have been in the process of building our addition to house more tanks, we have 15000 gallons of big tanks running now, but we inherited some big tanks from sea world from when they closed down, so we have 6200 gallons of tanks sitting outside waiting on the addition, and also the reason for the addition in the first place was the building of a 12,000 gallon cement pond, i have 2 big acrylic windows that are 54 " tall by 8 foot long so that would give us a 17 foot long window 54 inches tall with a 1 foot divider in the center, the tank would be 30 foot long , but each side of the room would have tanks on the wall, so you will only be able to see 23 foot of tank and 17 feet would be window :) , hope all that info helps, :)

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
Reactions: Sanman

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
BigRich, you are too modest. You did not even mention how you all drove many long hours to pick up the 1500 gallon and deliver it to West Virginia, And the three of you made another trip to WV to set the tank up .

bigrich545

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
cleveland,ohio
www.facebook.com
BigRich, you are too modest. You did not even mention how you all drove many long hours to pick up the 1500 gallon and deliver it to West Virginia, And the three of you made another trip to WV to set the tank up .
well thank you, but we actually made 4 trips down to west virginia to make this all happen, first we went there and rescued big Bertha , then stopped in pa on the way home and rescued Sheldon, then we organized the sale of the tank and then delivered it to West Virginia , then we went back after it made its way into the house to do all the plumbing on the tank, then when it was cycled we went back to West Virginia to deliver Bertha and Sheldon to there home :) all because cam was so upset , after giving us bertha and missed her so much they spent a total of 11,000 to buy and get the tank setup and running to have her back :) but in the end they have a very nice home and very caring parents now that will take better care of them than i coulda, i keep the fish alive and healthy but am waay to busy to give each fish the personal touch to be there constantly petting them feeding them 5 to 6 times a day , so there gonna be great :) a happy ending :)

Reactions: pacu mom and deeda

Fred the Oranda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2018
does anyone have a contact for him? I have seen some goldfish and koi in his videos and was wondering if any need a good home. it wouldn't be till spring but I have a nice pond for them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store