Old shark tank overloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkzilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2014
California
Are you sure? seems like a number of shops have mexican and japanese leopard sharks. You'd think the would get fined or something

Sharkzilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2014
California
Why would you hope he gets in trouble, what harm is he doing. He just accepted some sharks that someone else could not house anymore. Now they will be acclimated back to similar waters that they were probably taking from.

What would you do ?

Riley S

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2014
Minneapolis
Why would you post a video like that? To be cool? Nobody on here thinks it's cool, quite the opposite actually.

The leopard shark is Triakis semifasciata. The Japanese leopard shark is Triakis scyllium. Two different sharks, and is why you sometimes see smaller Japanese leopards offered for sale.

He is doing alot of harm by just releasing them. What if they were hosting a non-native parasite? Imagine the harm that would do.

You know, I've seen a lot of WTB and WTS threads by you. Is that what you and your buddy do, buy and sell sharks you can't properly care for or know nothing about? If you did, you wouldn't be starting threads like these.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Are you sure? seems like a number of shops have mexican and japanese leopard sharks. You'd think the would get fined or something
If he releases they may transfer diseases to the wild populations, and if noone wanted them they wouldnt be sold.

Sent from my ST15i using Tapatalk App

CherryBarb.ie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2014
Minnesota
NEVER RELEASE FISH OR SHARKS BACK INTO THE WILD. I don't care if they were wild caught, you just don't do it. It is illegal. I hope you or your buddy get in trouble if you decide to make that stupid decision.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Why would you hope he gets in trouble, what harm is he doing. He just accepted some sharks that someone else could not house anymore. Now they will be acclimated back to similar waters that they were probably taking from.

What would you do ?
Having those sharks at that size is illegal. The proper thing to do it turn them over to law enforcement officials.
Reintroduction to the wild is a very long process. Just tossing them back can introduce aquarium specific diseases that aren't in the wild. Sharks can also have a hard time going from tank life to wild life (hunting, dealing with other animals, territory establishment etc...).

If you know of other illegal sharks, do the right thing and report them. Sharks are being wiped off the face of the planet and that is why we have laws to protect them. When to take them out of the food chain, massive problems occur in the ocean. Massive changes in the ocean translate to massive problems for us on land. We're all tied together.

As per the rules of the site in relation to illegal fish keeping, I'm going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store