Older Members

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It's sad that I could never see the website in its prime but maybe someday it will get back to its former glory? I will admit I'm kind of part of the problem, I don't post often but read a lot of forums when I'm at school and have nothing to do.
The way the site is now reminds me of a particular resort that we used to vacation at in the Caribbean.It was really fun and had a lot going on the first time we went and the next few years it was as well.We made friends there who would come back each year the same time that we would and we'd all have a ball during our stay.But after a certain point a lot of people stopped coming to the little resort and although it was still a fun place to visit,it was not like it once was.

John Franzwa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Minnesota
The way the site is now reminds me of a particular resort that we used to vacation at in the Caribbean.It was really fun and had a lot going on the first time we went and the next few years it was as well.We made friends there who would come back each year the same time that we would and we'd all have a ball during our stay.But after a certain point a lot of people stopped coming to the little resort and although it was still a fun place to visit,it was not like it once was.
Yeah it's a great site but with a little less people! Everyone on this site is very nice and responds very quickly!!

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
...it starts with the individual. Post pics, start new threads, help those in need. I admit, I'm way more active on the social media outlets, but always make it a point to cross-post back to MFK.

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
There’s still a few of us 2005ers about although for me it’s become a lot less over the years. I don’t keep fish now as I go away to festivals so I’m hardly home during the summer.
When you think of how many fish forums have closed over the last 5+ years it shows how good this one is.

Reaper13

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2013
Southeast
Life has happened with me, but I did think the site went down for awhile. I'm down to a little ole 125 with a cichlid so i don't feel like i have a lot to share. If the gov would give me my healthcare back and my job would calm down the traveling i would be more involved.

Fb is a disease that's hurting all sites like this.

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
FB is terminal Internet forum cancer.

I too hit thay point in life where everything gets put to the side and the main aspects are at focus (got married, looking at moving out and going to uni, finding a new job etc)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store